"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

November 9, 2011

Molly Saves! In the Laundry Room

It’s November, and I just love this time of year; the weather, the smells of yummy food, scented candles or a nice fire in the fireplace.  Well this issue of Molly’s Digest: Molly Saves! In the Laundry Room will help anyone out the that is trying to get out from under the laundry pile. 
·         Learn ways to remove stains using household items.
·         Make your own “rolling laundry cart”.
·         Make helpful organizational items using an old laundry box.
Even though his issue features topics about the laundry room, there are holiday ideas, great recipes to make and serve during this holiday time, and ways to have a “stress-less” holiday season.  My favorite is the review of the book Unplug the Christmas machine which will help you to refocus and make this holiday special and important in your own way.  We all need to step back, take a deep breath and enjoy the season and not let ourselves get so caught up in all the events of the season that is passes so fast and without much enjoyment.  You can go here and get a copy of Molly Saves! In the Laundry Room so you have time to prepare for this season.
I really enjoy my Molly Digests, and I have been inspired to cook new recipes, learn frugal ways to shop, cook and live, but I recently made one of the items that was featured in Molly Saves! In the Nursery.  Here it is:



My first “blessing blanket”!  I made it for my BFF’s new baby that will be born early next year.  I also made one for my nephew’s new little one who is due to arrive around the same time.


 


It was a lot of fun to make and hopefully it will be a treasured keepsake for these girls.  You can check out Molly’s Digest’s over here.  I hope you will be “frugally-inspired”
Blessings to your and your family!


* I was provided the Molly Money Saving Digest in exchange for my personal and honest review.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Such a beautiful blanket! Quilts are such treasured keepsakes!

Sherri said...

Love this quilt idea! Did you hand write the scriptures on the quilt? I can't really tell from the picture.
Merry Christmas~