"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

July 20, 2011

Book Review-"Notes to Aspiring Writers:Your Dream, God's Plan"

Are you an aspiring writer? Do you have dreams of one day being published? If you would have asked me these questions a year ago, I would have told you “no”. However, in the last year something has been brewing and I do have a dream that I hope will come to pass one day…if it is what the Lord desires too.
I just had the wonderful opportunity to review the e-book Notes to Aspiring Writers: Your Dream, God's Plan by Brooke McGlothlin.  What makes it so wonderful is the tender heart with which it is written.  Brooke is an example of a woman, wife, mother, writer and more importantly a devoted child of God who shares her testimony in various areas which all lead back to glorifying the Lord.
While the book is not a “how-to” type of a book, it is in my opinion the most important part of the believers writing process.  Is our writing and work what we want, or what He wants?  Brooke shares her testimony of the heart change that she went through as she continued to pursue her dreams…of writing.  I found myself relating to her on many levels, but it was more than just writing, it was other dreams and aspirations that I have. She challenged me through her testimony, thought provoking questions to ask myself and scripture to make sure that my writing lines up with what the Lord desires from me and my writing. 
While this book is directed toward writers, the principles that she outlines in this e-book apply to all the dreams and aspirations that you may be hiding in your heart.  I know that the message she is giving to us and the process which she encourages us to take is more than worth the $2.99.  You can get a copy on Amazon today.
*I was provided a copy of Notes to Aspiring Writers:Your Dream, God's Plan for my honest review.

No comments: