"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

April 29, 2011

Mommy, Mommy, I see rainbows!


My little 5 year old has be finding "rainbows" everywhere, basically in glass or water.  Yesterday, while we were in the car he starts yelling "Mommy Mommy I see rainbows".  I say to him "where?"  I was sceptical since it is in the 80 degrees outside and there hasn't been any rain in many days.

As I listened to him, I began thinking about rainbows.  When I see a rainbow or think about rainbows I always remember they are a sign from God that He keeps His promises.  I decided to look up the references to rainbow in the Bible.

A sign of God's covenant
12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

What an awesome picture, the almighty, omnipotent, living God has made a covenant with all of us, and He has kept His promise to us. 

Some days can be tougher than others as we raise our children in this world.  We all experience difficulties, hardships, pain, suffering that leads us to exhaustion or questioning God.  However, we can stand firm and turn to Him and remember that He is always there for us.  So next time you see a rainbow, whether your life is sunny or rainy, you can say to your Abba Father "Daddy, Daddy I see rainbows" and remember that He keeps His promises to YOU!

2 comments:

Dawnmarie said...

If this was Fb, I would "Like" this one. What a sweet thing it is when our little ones open our eyes and remind us of some of the most basic things. 8^)

Pastor Duke said...

Great Post Denise, and I needed to hear it after the weekend I had.

Blessings to you, and I thought you would like to know, I now have Alpha and Omega as one of my sponsors. Just for you and the mom's just like you!