Review:”The Curiosity Files:Quicksand”
Are you looking for something fun to do with your kids this summer? Do you wish you could keep them learning and having fun at the same time? Well The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC has a great unit study that would be a great way to meet both of those needs.
They have a series of e-unit studies called The Curiosity Files. I had the privilege to review the unit study on “Quicksand”.
I was excited to try it out, because I love to do unit studies, and we haven’t done one in a while. When I introduced it to my 6th grader, he was interested to find out what it was all about. He read the introduction and thought it was so funny that the unit study was written by “Professor Ana Lyze”. I have to admit, I thought that was funny too.
This e-book is packed with information, and activities that can be incorporated into any day, and provide a lot of fun in the process. Some of the great information and activities included are:
- What quicksand is, myths about it, steps on how to escape from it.
- Bible lessons
- Math Activities: various levels
- Writing: process of writing an essay on quicksand, and a fun word game
- Spelling and Vocabulary for all grade levels.
- Word searches, Crosswords, and "Just for fun" section.
- Copywork: scriptures to write (printing and cursive) practising handwriting skills
- Activities: Quicksand Goo, Edible Quicksand, Coloring pages, and more.