"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

March 15, 2011

Encouraging

What a "delight" it was today to receive a special call from a friend in my home school group who oversees and assists me with writing an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for my son.  She called to check in on me, because she knew I was struggling.  Hearing her voice and her encouraging words were so precious, and just what I needed.  Besides giving me ideas of how to handle certain situations that I was dealing with in homeschooling my son, she told me "you can do it", and she reminded me that God has a plan and He will help me in this season of our homeschooling life.


It is so important to not isolate yourself when you are struggling, but to fellowship with those who can build you up and encourage you on in the things you are going through.  God calls us as the body of Christ to encourage one another. 

"Therefore, encourage each other and build one another up, just as you also are doing"
1Thessalonians 5:11

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good reminder! I tend to pull away when things get hard - only telling God of my problems. But I married well ;-) and I have a communicator who helps me talk about things!

Denise said...

Amy,You are blessed! My husband is great too. God is so good to have blessed us with great hubbies! Have a blessed day:)

Unknown said...

I love your reflections. Didn't know you were such a good writer and so profound Gonna try the cinnamon rolls.