"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

May 25, 2011

"Busy, Busy..."

It has been so long since I have posted to my blog.  Not because I haven't wanted to, but because I have been so "busy" and haven't had the quiet time to get my thoughts down.  As I was thinking about it the other day, the Veggietales song kept going through my mind.  Can you hear it now...


"I'm busy, busy, dreadfully busy
You've no idea what I have to do.
Busy, busy, shockingly busy
Much, much too busy for you.
We're busy, busy, dreadfully busy
You've no idea what we have to do.
Busy, busy, shockingly busy
Much, much too busy for you.


'Cause we're busy, busy, frightfully busy
More than a bumblebee, more than an ant.
Busy, busy, horribly busy
We'd love to help, but we can't!"

Life these days is more like a freeway than a country road.  Everything needs to be instant and fast, and more and more of us are becoming so impatient.  We are all so busy!   Being busy can rob us of being "still" and focusing on the important things in life, and it can sneak up on us so quickly. 

The things that keep us busy can be good things; serving God, bible study, homeschool conferences, taking our kids to their practices and games, helping a friend or family member, watching someone else's children so your friends can have an evening out, planning for our families meals, laundry, and so on and so on.  While all of these may be good and needful, they are not as good and life giving if we are not first with our Lord and Savior, building up our relationship with Him, confiding in Him about the things that burden us or we need help with, and spending time remembering all He has done for us and worshipping Him.

That is the desire in my heart, that I would take the time with Him and stop being so busy, dreadfully busy that I am to busy for Him.

No comments: