"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, it there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things." Phil 4:8

March 19, 2011

Rejoice!

"This is the day that the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it"
Psalm 118:24

I woke up not feeling well.  I must have caught a germ from my sweet son who has been sick this last week.  I could be depressed and discouraged because I missed seeing relatives from out of town.  However, I am choosing to rejoice because:
  • I have another day with my family.
  • I don't have a terminal illness.
  • I have a loving husband.
  • I have been given the joy of being a Mommy.
  • Being a Mommy gives me the opportunity to snuggle my kids even when they are sick.
  • I got to sing praise songs with my 5 year old today and dance around being silly.
Choosing to find "delight" in my day is turning out to be healing to my soul.  Have a blessed day!

No comments: